Leverage the Crucial Moment of Power
When your company needs that extra edge, understanding how to recognize and leverage that Moment of Power before a request can make a critical difference for your company’s sales, marketing, leadership and management.
This keynote explores the concept, rationale, and implementation of Pre-Suasion. There’s an under-recognized moment of power that comes right before a request is made. What goes into that moment can have dramatic effects our persuasion attempts.
After this presentation, learners will have the power to:
- Recognize the highly effective piece of “psychological real estate” that exists right BEFORE your influence attempts
- Leverage the pre-suasive moment before a request is made through images, words, and situations that you structure
- Implant, pre-suasively, the most persuasive feature of your message into the consciousness of your audience
- Learn the simple 2-step process to boost your success through pre-suasion
- See how the truism “Timing is everything” applies to pre-suasion
- Arrange for audiences to focus on the aspect of your communication you most want them to register
- Recognize how Cialdini’s Principles incorporate the most effective individual persuasion tactics
About Dr. Robert Cialdini,
the “Godfather of Influence”
More than a scientist, more than a speaker, New York Times bestselling author, Dr. Robert Cialdini, is recognized worldwide for his foundational research and ethical applications in the psychology of influence. He is the author of the groundbreaking book, Influence, and President of INFLUENCE AT WORK®. He is widely regarded as the “Godfather of Influence” due to years of scientific research on the psychology of influence.
Clients Influenced by Dr. Robert Cialdini’s Keynotes
“He blew everybody away. They were thrilled. In fact, afterward, one of our lead people pulled me aside and said he came into this program thinking he had been oversold about Dr. Cialdini’s effectiveness. He admitted he was wrong, and ended up taking 6 pages of notes on ways he can apply this information immediately to his work. And yes, you can quote me on this.”
“Dr. Cialdini was a big hit. His message on influence is memorable and applicable across a broad range of contexts. He was the opening keynote speaker at the conference and got the conference off to a great start. One attendee remarked after his address that hearing his presentation was time and money well spent to attend the entire conference.”
“Dr. Cialdini, I was concerned that because my sales team is very senior, sophisticated, and experienced, if you did not keep their attention, they would simply walk out, get on their Treos or start taking phone calls. I was most pleased that they stayed, were engaged and, from their responses, now months afterward, found: new, useful, long-term and important lessons to make these ‘old pro’s’ even better. Mission accomplished!”
“Dr. Robert Cialdini has played an integral role in the development of our high-potential leaders. His practical insights and real-world perspectives have challenged our executives to step back and reassess their global leadership and influence skills. He provides an important link in the development of our future leaders.”