It’s a well-kept secret that an entire science is devoted to how people are persuaded. There is a science that has discovered how to increase your likelihood of hearing “yes,” sometimes as much as 300% or 400%, by merely adding a word or phrase, or changing the sequence of your request.
The success of leaders, executives, managers, and salespeople is measured by their ability to accomplish goals. Those goals are met, more often than not, by reasoning, persuading and inspiring others to share a vision and pursue a common purpose. We live in a world where those who are the most persuasive are the most prosperous. How successful you are in your professional and personal life depends on your ability to influence others.
Those who wish to create and sustain positive change in others need to understand how the influence process works. A vast body of scientific evidence now exists on how, when, and why people say “yes.” There’s been an average seven to nine year time-lag between the time that findings are discovered in the behavioral sciences, and the time they begin to be implemented by professionals who need the information.
Now, INFLUENCE AT WORK (IAW) is pleased to offer you and your employees the Principles of Persuasion (POP) workshop. Developed by leading researchers in the behavioral sciences, it is the first program that bridges this time lag, helping you implement the latest research to your advantage.
Unlike most consulting and training firms, INFLUENCE AT WORK was founded by behavioral science researchers and professors at top universities. Our approach to the influence process is based on the research and methods of the internationally renowned influence expert, Dr. Robert Cialdini, whose seminal research into the six fundamental principles of influence forms the cornerstone of our training program.
What You Will Learn
- The Six Universal Principles of Persuasion that have been scientifically proven to make you most effective
- What are the Activators that will most effectively initiate each Principle
- What are the Amplifiers that will act as rocket boosters to amplify the effectiveness of each Principle
- What are the conditions and situations where each Principle works best
- How to most effectively use these Principles together
- How to recognize the difference between what the science says and what others guess
- How to protect yourself and those you want to protect from unethical persuasion
- How to recognize the most powerful “Moments of Influence”
- What to say in the most powerful “Moments of Influence”
- How to use these very powerful tools to help solve your very own influence challenges
- Which Principles are best for developing trusted relationships
- Which Principles are best use during times of uncertainty
- Which Principles are best to use when dealing with people who don’t know you
- Which Principles are best to use when people don’t like you (not that this would be any of OUR readers)
- How to recognize and use these Principles ethically
Have a question?